Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Aside from the looming cold temperatures that come around this time of year, Fall is definitely my favorite season. I love summer just as much as the next gal (I’m happy on pretty much any beach), but there’s something about Fall that lights me up inside. And naturally, my fave ingredient to incorporate into recipes is pumpkin!
Eating with the seasons is so important and can actually improve your vitality as our days become shorter. It’s natural to start to crave warming and grounding foods as the temperatures begin to drop, such as sweet potato, pumpkin, squash, carrots, and brussel spouts. There are so many ways to incorporate these delicious Fall foods into your daily regimen, so make sure you embrace the season and get in your kitchen!
Pumpkin Chia Protein Smoothie
Ingredients (all organic if possible!):
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (you can also use canned pumpkin, just made sure it’s BPA free!)
- 1/2 banana (I’m a “less is more” kinda gal when it comes to sweet fruits, but feel free to use the whole thing if you like it sweeter)
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon
- 3-4 ice cubes
Blend ingredients together and enjoy! Top with extra cinnamon and a few pumpkin seeds for a special treat. It’s a delicious way to fuel your mornings or workouts and warm your body from the inside out!